There Is A Place For YOU At Bethel!
For more information about any of our ministries, please visit the "Contact Us" page or see an Usher after service.
YPD (Young People's & Children's Division)
The YPD under the leadership of the Women's Missionary Society provides meaningful youth training programs and opportunities for leadership experience in all areas of church life. By providing training in Evangelism, Christian Social Relations, and Education programs the YPD is designed to connect youth more fully to the mission of the church and increase knowledge of the African Methodist Episcopal Church history and the scriptures.
WMS (Women's Missionary Society)
As women called to discipleship to grow in knowledge and experience of God through Jesus Christ, committed to supporting the mission of the church and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we are challenged to help one another engage in ministry and action, and grow and respond in faith to God's redemptive plan for the church, the society, and the world. Join us as we strive in Christ to improve Global Health, Healing, Hope, and Human Dignity!
The main objectives are stated in brief as follows:
- To create a love and appreciation of the History and Principles of African Methodism.
- Keep the memory of Richard Allen alive.
- Respect Constituted Authority.
- Stimulate and Educate the Laity in the Total Program of the Church.
- Study the Discipline and learn the laws of the Church.
- Encourage Financial Support of the Church’s Program.
- Teach and Practice Stewardship and work with the Youth to teach them Methodism.
- These objectives can best be met when one works to understand the program of the church and relate the church to the world around us. Become involved in Social Action such that the church is then our Community – our Job – Our School, and everywhere that many assemble he carries the church with him.
Work behind the scenes to make it possible to share the message of Jesus Christ with others through amplified sound, audio/video recordings, PowerPoint presentations, web pages, and other forms of communication.